Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Get Your Shine On!

No, not the Jesse McCartney song.  Though it is a nice dance number.  :)

Since seasonal affective disorder has been plaguing me much of my life I've finally decided to stop talking about getting a light box and get one.

Done my research and found a model I like that is in the middle ground on afford-ability and is portable.  I will be able to have it on my desk at work.

The light box I'm ordering later this month is: Verilux HappyLite Deluxe Sunshine Simulator.  Long name but I like the look, the specs and it's well reviewed online.

Then I also stumbled upon alarm clocks that are dawn stimulator.  So I'm going to invest in one of those as well.  I think I want to try the new Phillips model that came out Nov 9.  It's Philips Hf3485 Wake-up Light Plus.

So going to give those products a go.  Plus have started taking some vitamin supplements and changing how I eat.  There's a lot of evidence to support the idea that vitamins help and proper nutrition is super mood changing. Here's a couple links: Vitamins, Diet and DepressionDepression Diet guide from WebMD.

Though the vitamin supplements are still a little controversial I think they are helping me.  Placebo effect if nothing else. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment