Friday, January 22, 2010

My PSA

I've had such an amazing few days off.  I've seen friends that I haven't seen for months, and some I just saw last week.  I got things done: emotionally, mentally, chores wise.

I needed a swift kick in the butt this week.  Thankfully I had some friends and family to provide it.  I've even got a girlfriend who's been calling me daily to check up with me.  I'm really blessed to have so many people to turn to for help.

That said, I have to wonder how many people out there suffer with serotonin deficiency, depression, S.A.D.D or dysthymia and don't get help.  Whether they feel they don't need help or don't want help or maybe they think they have no one to go to.

That's never true.  There's ALWAYS help to found.  There's always someone who cares, someone who'll listen.  Yes, there is God.  I would recommend talking to Him.  But you know what; God's made sure there are people here to help too.

So I encourage anyone who might stumble across this post; if you have more than just the passing blues, if the winter months are especially difficult for you to get through mood wise and you lack motivation when the weather is so gloomy the first of year--consider talking to your doctor or a counselor or at the very least a friend or loved one.

When I finally got the right perspective going last week I saw it wasn't the end of the world.  After I asked for help, I realized I could make it, with God's help and the support of my family and friends.  So I'm ready to start the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment