Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Mantra

Not really my own writing.  But something I got from my mom.  A reminder of who I really am, so that in those moments, hours, days, whatever, when I'm "feeling" less than my best or I'm beating myself up over a percieved failure I can read this and remember I'm not that bad.


My Father in heaven loves me and has a purpose for my life.
My earthly parents love me and want me to be happy, healthy and productive.
I am a good person; I can be a better person with God's help.
I am able to reach out to my family, friends, and church family.
I am not alone in the universe.
I am an intelligent person who can solve complex problems in my job; therefore, I am capable of understanding that, while my emotions may be in turmoil, I am the same person I was when things seemed to be going better.
With God's help, the support of my family and friends, I can get through this crisis.

I set standards and expectations for myself that are often too high and unreasonable.  I am without a doubt my worst critic and harshest enemy (after Satan).  I doubt myself and my contributions, even when I am at my best.

So these words from my mom will be with me at all times.  I know I am loved by many, I know I am worthwhile, and I know I am not a waste of space or oxygen. I will drum these truths into me.

And I will learn to love myself as God, family and friends love me.  Because whatever I am feeling or thinking or doing--I am lovely and lovable.

No comments:

Post a Comment